What is the status of the bill?
* April 24, 2008 –- The Newborn Screening Lives Act is signed into law by the President.
* April 8, 2008 –- The Newborn Screening Lives Act is passed by the House of Representatives.
* December 13, 2007 –- The Newborn Screening Lives Act is passed by the Senate.
* November 14, 2007 –- The Newborn Screening Lives Act is approved by the Senate Health
Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee.
* October 15, 2007 –- The Newborn Screening Lives Act is introduced in the House.
* July 23, 2007 –- The Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act is introduced in the Senate.
This is a bill that has been passed that allows all newborns' DNA to be collected, which is in act NOW! I feel that this is something that we (the people) should have had a chance to vote on. I also feel that the parent's should have the right to withdraw their newborns participation in this DNA collection if they wished to. I first heard of this the night before last on a show on the History channel. I couldn't believe it, regardless of it being true. Is the only way to get out of this through having your child/giving birth at home or in a naturopathic clinic/birthing center? I will try to stay informed on this topic. Until then, God bless.